Symptoms: How do you know if you need foundation bracing:
- Diagonal cracks in the foundation wall
- Horizontal cracks in the foundation wall
- Leaking cracks in the foundation wall
- Hydrostatic Pressure: Pooling water and/or rising water table.
- Expansive soils: Any medium that absorbs water, typically clay.
- Shock waves: Earthquakes or blasting
- Lateral Soil Movement: Also known as soil creep which is a slow downhill movement in soil.
Installation of I-Beams that are anchored into the concrete floor and bolted into the floor joists. Depending on the severity of the inward movement, the wall can be dug-out and pushed back until it is straight, then braced with I-Beams.